The product override feature is very helpful if you get a new order for the out-of-stock product and want to fulfill the order from another supplier or vendor on AliExpress.
Also it helps if you have a product that was loaded through other dropshipping tool or it was added manually in Woocommerce and you want to connect the product to some AliExpress item using Ali2Woo.
The Ali2Woo plugin comes with the Override feature. To override a product, just perform the following steps:
1. Add a new product to the Import List (you need to choose the product from a new supplier on AliExpress)
2. From the Import List, click Action and Select Product to Override.
3. A new pop-up menu should appear. Select a source (existing) product in your store that you want to override.
4. In a popup you will see additional options: Override Title and Description, Override Images. Activate options you need. If you do mark no options, ali2woo will keep the product title, description and images the same as in your source product.
5. If you have any orders that haven’t been placed on AliExpress, Ali2Woo will ask you to match product variants for those orders. In other words, Ali2Woo will skip all orders having “Completed” status.
For example, the old product variant “Black#10” should be mapped with the new product variant “Black#10”.
6. Click Override in the popup to start the overriding process.
7. In the Import List, above your product, you will see a new notification. There you can cancel the override operation or execute it. Click Override to proceed.
Tip: your product will not be removed which means that your product ID, product URL, and product statistics remain the same. Ali2Woo replaces your source product variants to the original defaults, so, do not forget to customize your variants if needed.